Saturday, May 30, 2009

Drafted

Drafted


Drafted from Dean Noble on Vimeo.



Drafted, in black and white as it was meant to be seen.



Drafted colorized version from Dean Noble on Vimeo.



The original colourized version.








My first short film using live actors.


I plan to do at least one more film with Wesley. My idea for the next film is me caving into the modern Hollywood standard. Instead of making yet another erudite art film, I am going to make movie about a coke dealer and an undercover cop. Either me or Wesley will be either the coke dealer or the undercover cop.

I will go to a toy store and get some fake guns. The thing is not to film with fake guns around anywhere that the Police might be. If they see people skulking around with fake guns and meanwhile the director is saying, Run around outside that store with the fake guns like you are about to rob the place. We will do the interior shots later. I will be across the street and doing a zoom shot. Well, shit like that is an example of what NOT to do when filming.




The Greyhound bus can or can not have something to do with it. That would be nice, the narrator buzzing on about how the coke dealer is coming into a small town wanting to flip a bag of coke. The cocaine will be bag of Robin Hood flour in a ziploc baggie. The coke dealer arrives at the bus stop. Meanwhile the undercover cop is already waiting there because somehow he knew that the coke dealer would arrive. How? Well that is what I am going to have to figure out in the next few weeks. Know that this story of the black guy getting a conscription letter was one that I had to turn over in my mind over the last few weeks.
Over the next few weeks, I will have to think about the details about the next story. I should try to see if I could get Robert Portman and anyone else involved with the project too.
Intro, coke dealer, and undercover cop.
Plot advances: The dealer makes a few deals at the bar. The undercover cop watches.
Climax: A gunfight. The undercover cops shots the coke dealer. Like Miami Vice.
Filmed very quickly and discreetly. I work fast. The entire video of Drafted, the principal photography was completed in less than an hour.
Resolution: The streets of this town is awash in crime. It is up to the vigilance of the Drug Squad to keep dangerous drugs like cocaine off the streets.



_____________________________________________________