Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Puss In Boots

Puss In Boots


http://www.vimeo.com/3176134










Violin music.

Silence.

The caw of a raven.

More violin music.

Caretaker: It seems that the old man of the estate has suddenly died. He has not left much except this orange tabby cat.

Boy talking to self: Just my luck that the old man did not leave me much except this cat. There is not enough meat in the stew. At least maybe the cat could provide nourishment for just one meal.

Puss: Meow Meow. Don't think that! I could be of great use to you. All I need is that pair of old boots that the old man has in the house. That pair of old boots in the house is sitting on the table in the house.

Puss: Here is my new look. I have a plan, why don't you bathe in the river and when you emerge, and afterwards, why don't you put on these new fancy clothes that the master has left. Bathe in the river and meet me at the river bank at 4 pm. I want to introduce you to somebody. I will be going off on an errand first. And, if anyone asks, your name is the Marquis of Carabas.

Subtitle: In a distant land....

Ogre: I am the ogre Marquis de Carabas. Grrrr!! Forswear your allegiance to me and my lands! Grrrr!!!!!!!

Puss: Ogre! Your might is indeed powerful. Your shapeshifting abilities are a legend. Demonstrate your power and if you are that powerful, change into a mouse!
Can you do it?!

Ogre: Grrrr!!!! Presumptous fool! I have been practicing shapeshifting magic for years. If I can shapeshift into an ogre, I can certainly change into a mouse.

Puss: Meow!!!!!!!! and then stomp, as the paw presses down on the mouse.

Clomping of horses hoofs. The king's caravan approaches.

Puss: Your majesty. Allow me to introduce the Marquis of Carabas.

The boy: That's me!

The King: You are the one the peasants have been saying is in charge of this region. This is my daughter. She has been wondering about this legendary Marquis of Carabas.

Wedding march:

Narrator: A few years later, the Marquis of Carabas and the Princess were married, and Puss was the guest of honour.


______________________________________________________________________________