Monday, October 6, 2008

Romeo And Juliet

Romeo And Juliet


http://www.vimeo.com/3179091







Romeo And Juliet part 1









Romeo And Juliet part two


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9135915483260400048&hl=en




Narrator: Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

--------------

ABRAHAM Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

SAMPSON I do bite my thumb, sir.

ABRAHAM Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

GREGORY No.

SAMPSON No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir.

GREGORY Do you quarrel, sir?

ABRAHAM Quarrel sir! no, sir.


--------------------

LADY MONTAGUE O, where is Romeo? saw you him to-day? Right glad I am he was not at this fray.

----------------------

BENVOLIO Good-morrow, cousin.

ROMEO Is the day so young?

BENVOLIO It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?

ROMEO Not having that, which, having, makes them short.

BENVOLIO In love?

ROMEO Bid a sick man in sadness make his will: Ah, word ill urged to one that is so ill! In sadness, cousin, I do love a woman.

------------------------------------

JULIET How now! who calls?

Nurse Your mother.

JULIET Madam, I am here.What is your will?

LADY CAPULET This is the matter:--Nurse, give leave awhile,
We must talk in secret:--nurse, come back again;
I have remember'd me, thou's hear our counsel.
Thou know'st my daughter's of a pretty age.

Nurse Faith, I can tell her age unto an hour.

LADY CAPULET She's not fourteen.


---------------------------------

ROMEO I dream'd a dream to-night.

MERCUTIO And so did I.

ROMEO Well, what was yours?

MERCUTIO That dreamers often lie.

ROMEO In bed asleep, while they do dream things true.

MERCUTIO O, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes
In shape no bigger than an agate-stone
On the fore-finger of an alderman,
Drawn with a team of little atomies
Athwart men's noses as they lie asleep;
Her wagon-spokes made of long spiders' legs,
The cover of the wings of grasshoppers,
The traces of the smallest spider's web,
The collars of the moonshine's watery beams,
Her whip of cricket's bone, the lash of film,
Her wagoner a small grey-coated gnat,
Not so big as a round little worm
Prick'd from the lazy finger of a maid;
Her chariot is an empty hazel-nut
Made by the joiner squirrel or old grub,
Time out o' mind the fairies' coachmakers.
And in this state she gallops night by night
Through lovers' brains, and then they dream of love;
O'er courtiers' knees, that dream on court'sies straight,
O'er lawyers' fingers, who straight dream on fees,
O'er ladies ' lips, who straight on kisses dream.

Romeo: Talk about that later. The television. They are talking about that dance tonight again.

Television Lady Capulet: Tonight there is a dance at the Capulet house. Welcome Gentlemen! Ladies that have their toes unplagued with corns will have a bout with you!

Mercutio: We should go! Drink beer, meet women!

--------------------------

ROMEO [To a Servingman] What lady is that, which doth enrich the hand Of yonder knight?

Servant I know not, sir.

ROMEO O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright! It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night.

---------------------------------------------

ROMEO But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.

JULIET Ay me!

ROMEO She speaks: O, speak again, bright angel!

JULIET O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

ROMEO My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

JULIET Then have my lips the sin that they have took.

ROMEO Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.

JULIET You kiss by the book.

ROMEO I take thee at thy word:
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

-----------------------------------


Narrator: Romeo and Juliet were from families that were at rivalries with one another. Visiting a Priest, Friar Lawrence, Romeo is convinced of a plan that involves faking his own death. Later, Juliet would be told the news and they would be reunited in a new town under assumed names. In this version of Romeo and Juliet, the Priest sends Romeo to Mantua and starts a rumour of Romeo's death. However, on the way to Mantua, Romeo dies in a car accident. Juliet hears the news and acts upon the information, drinking poison and dying on her own bed.

----------------------------------

JULIET Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.

---------------------------------

Nurse She's dead, deceased, she's dead; alack the day!

LADY CAPULET Alack the day, she's dead, she's dead, she's dead!

CAPULET Ha! let me see her: out, alas! she's cold:
Her blood is settled, and her joints are stiff;
Life and these lips have long been separated:
Death lies on her like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.

_________________________________________________________________