Monday, January 12, 2009

The Little Match Girl

The Little Match Girl

This video is dedicated to my little girl guinea pig, Ellen, "my little softie", who died on Christmas Eve, 2008.


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1128811303841616761&hl=en





opening




The Little Match Girl. animated cartoon





closing credits. A touching ending.

http://vimeo.com/3045667


Christmas 1985:

Narrator: Static. Muffled dispatcher voice, to the sound equivalent of: Section all units. We have a 402 in progress. Immediate units respond. Static.

Police Officers Voice: Copy that. We have a Code 9 on the corner of Blenheim and Main. Over.

Five hours earlier:

Narrator: Christopher Plummer, The Man Who Planted Trees Voice: The little girl was out late selling matches. The weather was horribly cold. Snow fell down like a Winter Wonderland.

The litle match girl stood and saw in the crystal maw of the distant fog images from her childhood, images from this World and images from seemingly, another dimension.

She then saw her grandmother who appeared as an angel with wings, and the angel lifted her to heaven.

The Police looked down at the body of a dead girl aged about 15, holding a box of boxes of matches.


Glossary of fictional Police codes used:

402 - bank robbery, from my imagination

Code 9 - a dead body. From the TV series Rookies, Code Seven means a dead body.


************************************************

Note: I am doing a cartoon of this story because it is a classic one that is about three hundred years old. I can not think of another cartoon to do. I mentioned doing a cartoon of this story along with me mentioning that I would do a cartoon of the Illustrated Man which I already did.

Maybe I could do a story of my stories that I wrote before and as time goes on, I might just think about dispensing with the music altogether because a few of my videos have gotten removed by YouTube due to copyright issues from the music used. But most of, I would say 97% of the videos that I post with the music does stay on. I hope that someone makes a DVD copy of my movies because what if I make DVD copies and they get lost, or if I upgrade to a newer computer. But I will always hold on to this computer for the cartoons I have saved in the memory. I saw a computer at Radio Shack with a really nice screen. My plan from now on is to do any cartoons and narration in a segment separate from any music segment. If the music is removed due to copyright, then I still have the narrated cartoon or slideshow on YouTube. My early cartoons should be allright.

Why am I doing a Christmas story now? Why not? Lethal Weapon was released in the summer, and it was a Christmas time story. Also I think LA Confidential was a story set at Christmas. Bridget Jones Diary, the Christmas curried turkey.

___________________________________________________________________